Tuesday, January 14, 2014

League of Legends - 2011 Alistar Unchained Skin High-Poly Sculpt and Poly Paint

More League of Legends stuff I made for Riot Games!!!! Almost done with the LOL portion of my portfolio revamp! This is the first skin I made for Riot. And it shows (j/k, this guy is rad!). I was still in school full time, working at Valkyrie 3-4 days a week, working at a bar called The Redwood 2 nights a week and doing my radio show. It was a stressful couple months and I loved every minute of it! I was transitioning from being a student and wrangling my portfolio together to getting paid to make awesome game art, preparing to leave the service industry forever and my radio show was really taking off!
You can see that the Alistar here is VERY different from the one I delivered. When they saw how wicked this one looked, they had me change his  color to blue and modify some proportions to make him more cartoony. This version is my favorite though, as I love the demon look to him. I think this sculpt and polypaint took me around 3-4 days and then another 3 or 4 to get the low, bakes and textures set up and get him into maya where he could have a rig pasted into him. He will always be my favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment